NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG
What is Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG?
It is used to screen for or diagnose Herpes simplex infection. A doctor suspects herpes simplex infection when you have blister on your genitals, or symptoms of meningitis like severe headache, seizures. It may also be ordered if you are pregnant and are suffering from herpes. A doctor may also order HSV antibody test if you have another sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of infection.
Why is Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG done?
- If you have signs of herpes virus infection like blister on the genitals
- When you have encephalitis and the doctor is suspecting a viral cause
- If you are pregnant, and are suffering from herpes
- If you are being screened for a previous exposure to herpes simplex virus
- If you have any other sexually transmitted disease and are at increased risk of herpes infection
Preparation for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG
The sample type collected for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG is: Blood
Interpreting Herpes Simplex Virus 1 & 2, IgG results
- The presence of HSV1 and HSV2 IgG antibodies indicate previous infection
- A significant increase in HSV IgG antibodies , measured by comparing acute samples, indicate and active or recent infection
- Negative antibody test results mean that it is unlikely that a person has been exposed to HSV
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).