NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of ALT, SGPT
What is ALT, SGPT?
It is usually ordered when you have signs or symptoms of a liver disorder like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, jaundice, itching, dark urine. It may also be ordered to monitor the treatment of patient’s with liver disease.
Why is ALT, SGPT done?
- As a part of liver function test
- If you have signs or symptoms of liver disease like dark colored urine, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, jaundice, abdominal pain
- If you are at increased risk of developing liver disease like you are a heavy drinker, have been exposed to hepatitis virus, or have a family history of liver disease
Preparation for ALT, SGPT
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for ALT, SGPT
The sample type collected for Alanine Transaminase is: Blood
Interpreting ALT, SGPT results
- Very high ALT levels ( more than 10 times normal) are usually due to acute hepatitis which is usually due to a viral infection
- High ALT levels ( four times normal) may be seen in chronic hepatitis, obstruction of bile ducts or cirrhosis
- In most liver diseases, the ALT level is higher than AST and the AST/ALT ratio will be low (less than 1). The AST/ALT ratio is greater than 1 in alcoholic hepatitis, cirrhosis, heart or muscle injury
- ALT is more specific than AST for liver disease
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).