What is G6PD Qualitative Reflex?
The Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase test or G6PD Qualitative test is performed to determine the presence of an inherited deficiency of the enzyme Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase. G6PD helps your RBCs (red blood cells to function properly) and its lack may cause hemolysis (breakdown of RBCs) which leads to anemia.
The sample type collected for G6PD Qualitative Reflex is: Blood
Preparation for G6PD Qualitative Reflex
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for G6PD Qualitative Reflex?
- When recurring symptoms of haemolytic anemia occur
- When jaundice develops and persists in newborns
- If all other causes of anemia or jaundice have been checked out to be negative
- In newborns as a screening test within the first few days after birth
1MG labs (powered by Igenetic Diagnostics) offers highest quality diagnostic services at the convenience of your doorstep. We pride ourselves on three things 1) Assured Quality 2) Best Prices 3) Excellent Turn Around Time. We believe in providing the highest level of transparency to our customers. Our partner labs have accreditations like NABL and ISO, the gold standards of quality in diagnostics. Our entire team is dedicated to providing the best customer experience and continues strives to come up with solutions to remain in line with the needs of our customers.