Overview of Culture Stool
What is Culture Stool?
Stool culture is a test used to examine the presence of any micro organisms in the stool or feces to identify the cause of any gastrointestinal distress.
Why is Culture Stool done?
- If your doctor suspects any stomach or intestinal infection
- If you experience signs or symptoms such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, fever for a long time
- If you have severe symptoms such as extreme dehydration, or have diarrhea from traveling to another country.
Preparation for Culture Stool
- A copy of valid government-issued identification card with the address is required.
Sample Type for Culture Stool
The sample type collected for Culture Stool is: Stool
Interpreting Culture Stool results
- A positive result means that there is growth of particular micro organsim in the stool sample, which indicates an infection with that organsim
- A negative result means that there are no abnormal organisms present in the stool sample
Answers to Patient Concerns & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Culture Stool
Frequently Asked Questions about Culture Stool
Q. Does normal stool contains bacteria?
Yes, our gastrointestinal system is home to millions of bacteria. These bacteria help us in digestion. Hence, they are called good bacteria. Sometimes, due to contamination other infectious bacteria enter our bodies causing infection.
1MG labs (powered by Igenetic Diagnostics) offers highest quality diagnostic services at the convenience of your doorstep. We pride ourselves on three things 1) Assured Quality 2) Best Prices 3) Excellent Turn Around Time. We believe in providing the highest level of transparency to our customers. Our partner labs have accreditations like NABL and ISO, the gold standards of quality in diagnostics. Our entire team is dedicated to providing the best customer experience and continues strives to come up with solutions to remain in line with the needs of our customers.