NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Luteinising Hormone
What is Luteinising Hormone?
This test is done for women, when you are having difficulty getting pregnant or are having irregular or heavy menstrual periods; when you are tracking ovulation during your menstrual cycle. For men, when your partner cannot get pregnant or you have a low sperm count, low muscle mass or decreased sex drive. It can also be done when your doctor thinks that you have symptoms of a pituitary disorder or hypothalamic disorder. Sometimes, it is also useful when a doctor suspects that a child has delayed or earlier than expected sexual maturation.
The sample type collected for Luteinising Hormone is: Blood
Preparation for Luteinising Hormone
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Luteinising Hormone?
- In adolt women, this test is ordered if you are having difficolty getting pregnant, have irregolar menstrual periods or you are tracking ovolation during menstrual cycle
- In adolt men, it is usually ordered when your partner cannot get pregnant or you have low sperm count, low sex drive
- If you have symptoms of a pituitary or hypothalamic disorder
- In children, this test may be ordered when a boy or girl does not appear to be entering puberty at an appropriate age (either too early or too late)
What Results of Luteinising Hormone mean?
- In women, increased levels of LH are seen in primary ovarian failure which may be due to any chromosomal abnormality, exposure to chemotherapy, radiation therapy, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid disease
- In women who are trying to become pregnant, tests can be used to detect the surge that precedes ovulation. An LH surge indicates that ovulation has occurred
- The LH level rises during menopause, as the ovarian function caeses
- Low level of LH and FSH are seen in secondary ovarian or testicular failure and indicate a problem with pituitary or hypothalamus
- In men, high LH levels indicate primary testicular failure which may be due to chromosomal abnormality, viral infection, chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- In young children, high levels of LH and FSH with the development of secondary sexual characteristics at an unusually young age indicates precocious puberty which is usually due to problem with the central nervous system
Patient Concerns about Luteinising Hormone
Frequently Asked Questions about Luteinising Hormone
Q. Is there a home test for LH?
Yes, there is a home test which uses urine sample to predict ovulation
Q. What are the tests which my doctor will order if I am unable to get pregnant?
The tests which are usually ordered for an infertility work up are LH, FSH, testosterone, progesterone, anti mullerian hormone.
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).
U guys r just worth creating historical change in our society by giving them power of health awareness