NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of HBsAg Qual
What is HBsAg Qual?
This test is ordered when you have signs and symptoms of acute hepatitis like loss of appetite, jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain. Hepatitis B surface antigen test may be used for screening high risk people like homosexuals, people infected with HIV, pregnant women etc. Sometimes, it may also help in diagnosing chronic hepatitis B infection.
Why is HBsAg Qual done?
- If you have signs or symptoms associated with acute hepatitis to determine if they are due to Hepatitis B infection. Various signs and symptoms include fever, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, jaundice, dark urine
- As a follow up test if routine tests like ALT and AST are elevated
- If you are at high risk for chronic Hepatitis B infection like close contact with someone infected with HBV, pregnant woman, if you are infected with HIV, homosexual men
- At a regolar basis to monitor people with chronic hepatitis B infection
Preparation for HBsAg Qual
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for HBsAg Qual
The sample type collected for Hepatitis B s (Surface) Antigen Qualitative is: Blood
Interpreting HBsAg Qual results
The tests for hepatitis B can be ordered individually but usually ordered in combination with other tests
- Positive HBsAg along with positive hepatitis B e antigen tests usually indicate acute infection with the virus and in the infective stage
- Positive hepatitis B surface antigen along with positive core and envelope antibody denotes chronic infection but low risk of infection i.e. carrier state
- Negative HBsAg with positive hepatitits B surface antibody usually indicates no active or prior infection and the individual is not immune
- Negative surface antigen with positive hepatitis B surface antibody denotes that you are immunized against the virus
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).
U guys r just worth creating historical change in our society by giving them power of health awareness