NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Cholesterol - HDL
What is Cholesterol - HDL?
As part of a regular health exam with a cholesterol test or lipid profile; at least once every five years in adults; children should have a lipid profile screening at least once between the ages of 9 and 11 and then again between the ages of 17 and 21. It is ordered frequently if you have risk factors for heart diseases like smoking, high blood pressure, family history, diabetes mellitus.
Why is Cholesterol - HDL done?
- As a part of lipid profile along with cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL
- As a part of routine health check up
- If you are already a diagnosed case of heart disease
- If you have risk factors for heart disease like cigarette smoking, hypertension, diabetes mellitus or a family history of heart disease
- Ideally, adolts shoold get this test done for screening purposes once every five years even if they don't have any risk factors
Preparation for Cholesterol - HDL
- No special preparation required
Sample Type for Cholesterol - HDL
The sample type collected for Cholesterol - HDL is: Blood
Interpreting Cholesterol - HDL results
- Since HDL is called as "Good Cholesterol", therefore, higher levels are considered better and are associated with less than average increased risk of heart disease
- HDL Cholesterol level between 40 - 50 mg/dl in men and between 50-59 mg/dl in women is considered normal
- HDL level below 40 mg/dl in men and below 50 mg/dl is low and is associated with increased risk of heart disease
- HDL level more than 60 mg/dl is high and is associated with less than average risk of heart disease
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).
U guys r just worth creating historical change in our society by giving them power of health awareness