NABL, CAP, ISO
Overview of Creatinine
What is Creatinine?
It is done to evaluate the health of your kidneys. It can be done as a part of basic metabolic panel or when you have signs or symptoms suggestive of kidney disease like swelling of face, ankle, lower back pain, changes in urine output etc. It should also be done to monitor the treatment if you are already diagnosed with a kidney disease. It is also ordered if you have diseases which can affect the kidney like diabetes etc.
The sample type collected for Creatinine is: Blood
Preparation for Creatinine
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Creatinine?
- As a part of routine health check up or basic metabolic panel
- As a part of kidney function test
- If you have signs or symptoms of kidney disease like swelling or puffiness around the eyes, face, wrists etc, poor appetite, change in urinary frequency, bloody urine, mid back pain or high blood pressure
- If you already have a kidney disease, this test is regolarly done to assess the function of your kidneys and plan further management
What Results of Creatinine mean?
- Increased creatinine levels in blood suggest kidney disease or other disorders which may affect kidney function. These include: damage to the blood vessels in kidney (glomerulonephritis), bacterial infection of kidney (pyelonephritis), acute tubular necrosis, kidney stones or rarely congestive heart failure, dehydration etc
- Low levels of creatinine are not usually seen and is not a cause for concern
Patient Concerns about Creatinine
Frequently Asked Questions about Creatinine
Q. Does exercise affect my creatinine levels?
Moderate exercise does not usually affect the creatinine levels. As you continue exercising, more muscle mass is built which may affect the levels temporarily.
Q. Does diet affect the levels of creatinine?
Some studies suggest that eating cooked meat prior to the test may increase the levels.
Diagno Labs, established in the year 2012, is uniquely positioned to more effectively support local pathology for enhanced patient care. Diagno Labs, with complementary areas of expertise and service offerings, allows us to build on the company's leadership positions, provide access to medical and scientific expertise, expand geographical presence to better serve customers and emerge as the most valued company in the healthcare industry. Our Parent group RJ Corp is a well-diversified Indian MNC,with an annual turnover of over 15 billion rupees. Established in the 1990s, RJ Corp has achieved heights of success under the dynamic leadership and guidance of its founder-chairman Mr. Ravi Kant Jaipuria. The group has diversified business interests in beverages, breweries, real estate, hospitality, healthcare, education, dairy, food service and retail. Our network company, Cryobanks International India, is a leader in the collection, processing and banking of umbilical cord blood stem cells.