Insulin Like Growth Factor 1
You need to provide
This test is for
What is IGF-I?
The Insulin like Growth Factor 1 or IGF 1 test is usually performed to diagnose a deficiency of Growth Hormone, and in some cases, to diagnose an excess. It is also used to assess the functioning of the pituitary gland, as well as to monitor the efficacy of recombinant growth hormone therapy.
Why is IGF-I done?
- To help diagnose growth hormone (GH) deficiency, when symptoms of growth deficiency and delayed development appear in children
- To help diagnose the conditions in children showing symptoms of gigantism and in adults showing symptoms of acromegaly
- To monitor treatment by growth hormone therapy
- To evaluate pituitary function
- When signs of reduced bone density and muscle strength appear in adults
Founded in 1981 by Dr Surender Reddy, as the first centre of its kind to offer a comprehensive range of all diagnostic modalities, under one roof, Vijaya has emerged as the pioneers in diagnostic medicare, in Telangana & Andhra Pradesh. Our commitment to quality and our philosophy of always putting the patient first, has ensured that over the past 35 years, Vijaya has established a reputation for excellence and reliability and has become a household name for quality diagnostic services. At...
Dr Apoorva Namrata