Overview of Urine Sodium
What is Urine Sodium?
Preparation for Urine Sodium
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Urine Sodium?
Test for checking sodium levels in urine is performed for
• Checking the water and electrolyte balance in the body.
• Determining the cause of high or low blood sodium symptoms.
• Checking the progress of kidney diseases or adrenal gland diseases.
What Results of Urine Sodium mean?
- High urine sodium levels indicate hypernatremia.
- Low urine sodium levels indicate hyponatremia.