This test is for
What is CECT Chest?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the chest is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the chest or thorax to identify problems associated with the heart, lungs, food pipe, rib cage, spinal column and surrounding soft tissues like muscles.
Why is CECT Chest done?
- To determine the cause of symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.
- To detect inflammations or infection of heart, lungs, food pipe, liver, stomach and other organs
- To detect injury to the internal organs, bones of rib cage, or spine due to trauma
- To make detailed assessment if some abnormalities appear in a standard X-ray of the chest
- To detect the presence of any tumors (abnormal growth)
- To detect any congenital abnormalities (birth defects)
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biopsy
Shree Krishna Diagnostics in Kukatpally boasts of a state-of-the-art centre, which is fully equipped with modern diagnostic equipment. From the time service-seekers walk in, they find themselves in a healthy and hygienic environment and also at the hands of a knowledgeable team, available to assist and guide with the procedures. The array of diagnostic services available under its roof are 24 Hours Open , Centralized Testing Facility , Waiting Area , Air Conditioned , Wifi Available ,...