Hepatitis A Virus - IgG
You need to provide
This test is for
What is Anti-HAV IgG?
It is ordered when you have symptoms of acute hepatitis like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, jaundice. An HAV test can also be ordered if you have been exposed to the hepatitis virus through contaminated water or food.
Why is Anti-HAV IgG done?
- If you have symptoms suggesting hepatitis like jaundice, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fever, joint pain
- If you have been previously exposed to hepatitis A virus
Interpreting Anti-HAV IgG results
- Positive HAV IgG with negative IgM usually indicate no active infection but previous exposure to hepatitis A virus or recent vaccination
- Negative HAV IgG usually signifies no current or previous HAV infection
- If the total antibody test or hepatitis A IgG result is positive and someone has never been vaccinated against HAV, then the person has had past exposure to the virus. About 30% of adults over age 40 have antibodies to hepatitis A
At Metropolis, the best pathology lab in India what we believe is what we say and what we say is what we do. Being empathetic to our customers and being committed to their needs is in our DNA. Metropolis has grown to harness a culture that is open synergistic, progressive and scientific in nature. We are the Pathology Specialists delivering over 30 million tests a year, catering to more than 20,000 medical Laboratories, Hospitals, Nursing homes and 2,00,000 Consultants. With 37 years of...