Overview of Vitamin B 9
What is Vitamin B 9?
When you have an abnormal complete blood count (CBC) with a blood smear showing large red blood cells (macrocytosis) or abnormal (hypersegmented) neutrophils; when you have symptoms of anemia (weakness, tiredness, pale skin) and/or of neuropathy (tingling or itching sensations, eye twitching, memory loss, altered mental status); when you are being treated for vitamin B12 or folate deficiency.
The sample type collected for Vitamin B 9 is: Blood
Preparation for Vitamin B 9
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Vitamin B 9?
- If you have symptoms of anemia like weakness, tiredness, pale skin
- If you have an abnormal complete blood count and your blood smear shows large red blood cells or neutrophils with more than 5 lobes
- If you have symptoms or signs of nerve problems like numbness, burning in hands, feet, arms,tingling sensation
- If you are being treated with vitamin B12 or folate therapy
- Folate levels in blood may vary based on your recent diet. Since your red blood cells store 95% of circolating folate, your doctor may order a test to measure the folate level within RBC’s
What Results of Vitamin B 9 mean?
Low levels of folate in the blood may indicate:
- Folic acid deficiency anemia
- Malabsorption syndromes
- Chronic alcoholism
Dr.Remedies is a Pioneer in diagnostic and interventional cardiology medical devices. We have robust distribution, sales Channels and support services of medical devices used in diagnostic, interventional cardiology and radiology procedures across southern and North-Eastern part of India. We innovative quality products and process-orientated services to the healthcare industry. We strive to be a strong and reliable partner - for both people and markets and to grow from our own strength. Sharing Expertise is the promise we give. It is a basis for building partnerships with our customers and employees. Through this promise we promote mutual transfer of knowledge and expertise between our customers and our employees. Our Vision to contribute and deliver better health care services has lead to the birth of Dr.Remedies labs a State of the Art Central Clinical Referral Laboratory based at Hyderabad. The primary goal of Dr.Remedies Labs is to establish a chain of Regional Labs across all important cities of the country by providing quality reports, fast turn around Time with Cost Effective Pricing. Dr.Remedies Labs offers complete range of investigations processed by highly skilled doctors and senior technicians to provide efficient, reliable and accurate lab services enhancing quality health care to and all.