Overview of Testosterone Free
What is Testosterone Free?
Total testosterone is the testosterone as measured in your blood while free testosterone is the testosterone which is not bound to sex hormone binding globulin. This test is used to detect abnormal testosterone level in males and females; in males to help diagnose the causes of erectile dysfunction; the inability of your partner to get pregnant; or premature or delayed puberty. In females, this test may be used to diagnose the cause of masculine physical features, infertility or polycystic ovarian syndrome.
The sample type collected for Testosterone Free is: Blood
Preparation for Testosterone Free
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Testosterone Free?
- In boys,this test is ordered if they have symptoms of delayed puberty like lack of body hair, delayed growth of testes and penis, delayed development of muscle mass or early puberty
- In men, it is ordered for an infertility work up or when a man has decreased sex drive or erectile dysfunction
- In females, this test is ordered if she has irregolar or no menstrual periods, is having difficolty getting pregnant or appears to have male like features
What Results of Testosterone Free mean?
- A low testosterone level in males may be due to pituitary or hypothalamic disease, genetic disorders like Klinefelter syndrome
- A high testosterone level in males can indicate testicular tumors, adrenal tumors, early puberty
- In females, testosterone levels are normally low. Increased levels can indicate polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), ovarian tumor, or congenital adrenal hyperplasia
Patient Concerns about Testosterone Free
Frequently Asked Questions about Testosterone Free
Q. Are there any other conditions which can lead to abnormal testosterone levels?
Alcoholism and liver disease in males can decrease testosterone levels. Some drugs like steroids and androgen can also have the same effect.
Dr.Remedies is a Pioneer in diagnostic and interventional cardiology medical devices. We have robust distribution, sales Channels and support services of medical devices used in diagnostic, interventional cardiology and radiology procedures across southern and North-Eastern part of India. We innovative quality products and process-orientated services to the healthcare industry. We strive to be a strong and reliable partner - for both people and markets and to grow from our own strength. Sharing Expertise is the promise we give. It is a basis for building partnerships with our customers and employees. Through this promise we promote mutual transfer of knowledge and expertise between our customers and our employees. Our Vision to contribute and deliver better health care services has lead to the birth of Dr.Remedies labs a State of the Art Central Clinical Referral Laboratory based at Hyderabad. The primary goal of Dr.Remedies Labs is to establish a chain of Regional Labs across all important cities of the country by providing quality reports, fast turn around Time with Cost Effective Pricing. Dr.Remedies Labs offers complete range of investigations processed by highly skilled doctors and senior technicians to provide efficient, reliable and accurate lab services enhancing quality health care to and all.