Overview of Digoxin
What is Digoxin?
Digoxin is a medication used for congestive heart failure. Very small doses of digoxin are required for the condition. If the levels go out of the normal range, also known as the therapeutic window, you may experience severe side effects of the medication.
The sample type collected for Digoxin is: Blood
Preparation for Digoxin
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Digoxin?
- To ensure that the levels are within the therapeutic window when the medication is first started
- Periodically during treatment for routine monitoring and to verify that the correct dose is used
- To reevaluate levels if the patient is experiencing heart failure symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in hands and feet
- Blurred vision
- Irregolar heartbeat
- Diarrhea and vomiting
What Results of Digoxin mean?
Levels are different for various conditions that digoxin is used to treat.
- High levels mean excessive dosage outside the therapeutic window
- Low levels mean inadequate dosage which might cause worsening of the disorder it is being used to treat
1MG labs (powered by Medcis Laboratories) offers highest quality diagnostic services at the convinience of your doorstep. We pride ourselves on three things 1) Assured Quality 2) Best Prices 3) Excellent Turn Around Time. We believe in providing the highest level of transparency to our customers. Our partner labs have accreditations like NABL and ISO, the gold standards of quality in diagnostics. Our entire team is dedicated to providing the best customer experience and continues strives to come up with solutions to remain in line with the needs of our customers.
Nice work keep going...
Service was really good. No fuss got our reports on time. Well done..