This test is for
What is Holter?
Holter is a monitoring test that uses a device called Holter monitor (a wearable device) that measures electrical activity and heart rhythm over a period of 24 to 48 hours using electrode patches. Any deviation from normal electrical conductivity pattern indicates problems in normal heart rhythm which may be used to detect and diagnose cardiovascular diseases.
Why is Holter done?
- To assess heart rhythms to detect abnormal patterns indicating cardiovascular diseases
- To look for abnormalities that may affect normal heart function
- To monitor the activity of the heart after a heart attack
- To assess the risk of a heart attack
- To determine the condition of heart before starting a new cardiovascular (heart) medicine
- To determine if your medicine is working or if changes need to be made
- To help doctors to see why you might be experiencing symptoms of irregular heartbeat, like dizziness or fainting
Calcutta Heart Research Centre was founded in the year 1993. Since then, we have been striving to impart qualityand economical healthcare to the residents of Eastern India and Bangladesh. We are a medical diagnostic centre serving the people of Eastern India for the last 2 decades. We have at our disposal state-of-the-art equipment, qualified and efficient manpower and a team of medical experts to pin point the cause of disease. Our centre comprises of all kinds of medical diagnostic equipment...