What is CECT Thoracic Spine- 3 Levels?
Contrast Enhanced Computed Tomography (CECT) creates cross-sectional images of the Thoracic Spine-3 Levels by using computers and rotating X-ray machines. It uses contrast agents to enhance the images. These images provide detailed information of Thoracic Spine-3 Levels. It provides more detailed information as compared to X-ray.
Why is CECT Thoracic Spine- 3 Levels done?
- To diagnose pharyngitis / sore throat (inflammation of the pharynx) and laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx)
- To detect sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses), tonsillitis (inflammation of the lymph nodes), epiglottitis (inflammation of the lid of larynx)
- To find out nasal obstruction and otitis media (earache with nasopharyngeal infection) and croup / laryngotracheobronchitis (viral infection which leads to infected airways passage)
Preparation for CECT Thoracic Spine- 3 Levels
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Calcutta Heart Research Centre
Dover Terrace - Bhowanipore, KOLKATA