Why is MRI Cardiac With Contrast done?
- To diagnose functioning, blood flow through valves, structures of the heart valves and pericardium (fluid which surrounds the heart)
- To evaluate coronary artery disease like blockage or limited blood flow to the muscles of heart
- To monitor the advancement of stages of the heart diseases of the patient
- To find out presence of any cancer (tumor/cyst/abnormal growth) in the heart or its surrounding soft tissues
Preparation for MRI Cardiac With Contrast
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
- Get the blood urea and creatinine test done to evaluate kidney function and to ensure safety of contrast before taking up the procedure.
Newtown - Rajarhat, KOLKATA