Dengue Antibody IgM
You need to provide
This test is for
What is Dengue Antibody IgM?
This test identifies whether you are infected with dengue virus or not. The common symptoms of dengue infection are high fever, headaches, bone pains.
Why is Dengue Antibody IgM done?
- If you have signs or symptoms of dengue fever like sudden high fever, severe headaches or pain behind the eye, joint or bone pains, easy bruising or gum and nose bleeds
Interpreting Dengue Antibody IgM results
- If the dengue IgG antibody test is positive, but the IgM is low or negative, it usually indicates that a person had an infection sometime in the past
- If the dengue IgG antibody test titre increase fourfold or greater between an initial sample and one taken 2 to 4 weeks later, then it is likely that a person has had a recent infection
- Positive IgG and IgM antibody tests indicate current infection with dengue virus
- Negative tests for IgM and/or IgG usually mean that the person tested does not have a dengue infection
Founded in 1981 by Dr Surender Reddy, as the first centre of its kind to offer a comprehensive range of all diagnostic modalities, under one roof, Vijaya has emerged as the pioneers in diagnostic medicare, in Telangana & Andhra Pradesh. Our commitment to quality and our philosophy of always putting the patient first, has ensured that over the past 35 years, Vijaya has established a reputation for excellence and reliability and has become a household name for quality diagnostic services. At...