This test is for
What is Holter?
Holter is a monitoring test that uses a device called Holter monitor (a wearable device) that measures electrical activity and heart rhythm over a period of 24 to 48 hours using electrode patches. Any deviation from normal electrical conductivity pattern indicates problems in normal heart rhythm which may be used to detect and diagnose cardiovascular diseases.
Why is Holter done?
- To assess heart rhythms to detect abnormal patterns indicating cardiovascular diseases
- To look for abnormalities that may affect normal heart function
- To monitor the activity of the heart after a heart attack
- To assess the risk of a heart attack
- To determine the condition of heart before starting a new cardiovascular (heart) medicine
- To determine if your medicine is working or if changes need to be made
- To help doctors to see why you might be experiencing symptoms of irregular heartbeat, like dizziness or fainting
Umkal Hospital is a multi-specialty health care institution, equipped with the most modern state-of-the-art technology infrastructure and managed by highly skilled medical professionals in all major disciplines.Established in 1996 by Dr. Umesh Gupta, the hospital is the third institution in a group that includes the New Delhi based MP Heart Centre; in Greater Kailash and Saru Rimple Diagnostic Centre in Vasant Kunj.Umkal has taken a very comprehensive approach, which encompasses all aspects of...