This test is for
What is CECT Chest?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the chest is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the chest or thorax to identify problems associated with the heart, lungs, food pipe, rib cage, spinal column and surrounding soft tissues like muscles.
Why is CECT Chest done?
- To determine the cause of symptoms like cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, etc.
- To detect inflammations or infection of heart, lungs, food pipe, liver, stomach and other organs
- To detect injury to the internal organs, bones of rib cage, or spine due to trauma
- To make detailed assessment if some abnormalities appear in a standard X-ray of the chest
- To detect the presence of any tumors (abnormal growth)
- To detect any congenital abnormalities (birth defects)
- To direct intervention procedures like fine needle biopsy
Umkal Hospital is a multi-specialty health care institution, equipped with the most modern state-of-the-art technology infrastructure and managed by highly skilled medical professionals in all major disciplines.Established in 1996 by Dr. Umesh Gupta, the hospital is the third institution in a group that includes the New Delhi based MP Heart Centre; in Greater Kailash and Saru Rimple Diagnostic Centre in Vasant Kunj.Umkal has taken a very comprehensive approach, which encompasses all aspects of...