Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of C-Reactive Protein Qualitative
This test is usually ordered when your doctor suspects that you have an acute condition causing inflammation, such as a serious bacterial or fungal infection or when you are suffering from an inflammatory disorder such as arthritis, an autoimmune disorder, or inflammatory bowel disease.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of bacterial infection like fever, chills, rapid heart rate
- It is ordered on a regolar basis to monitor autoimmune conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
What Results of C-Reactive Protein Qualitative mean?
- High CRP level suggests the presence of inflammation but does not identify the cause
- In people with chronic inflammatory conditions, high level of CRP suggests a flare up or that treatment has not been effective
- If CRP level was initially high and it starts dropping, it means the infection or inflammation is subsiding or responding to treatment
Patient Concerns about C-Reactive Protein Qualitative
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the difference between CRP and highly sensitive CRP (hsCRP)?
Both tests measure the same protein in the blood. The hsCRP is used in healthy people to determine their risk for cardiovascular disease.
For over a hundred years, human pathology has been one of the keystones of medicine and rightly so at SRL, we offer our patients world-class Pathology services because their well-being is of the utmost importance to us. Pathology is quite simply the scientific study of the overall response of your body to any foreign influence, i.e., disease. Actually, we use this knowledge to diagnose & subsequently treat your ailment. What we basically do is carefully compare the normal structure and function of a human body (anatomy and physiology) to the abnormal structure and function we witness in an unwell human. Doing this is the most crucial phase & we take note of even the minutest details while adjudging the extent of your ailment because one slip can lead to an incorrect diagnosis, posing serious threat to your health. Our experts ensure that they are extremely careful while analyzing the samples. This is where our advanced technology chips in. SRL is proud to host state-of-the-art equipments based on the latest technology for a speedy and accurate result. We do not take any chances whatsoever with your health & well-being. Avail our Pathology services with no hesitation. You are always in good hands with SRL.