MRI Dorsolumbar Spine
This test is for
What is MRI Dorsolumbar Spine?
An MRI dorso lumbar spine with contrast creates picture of the lower thoracic and upper lumbar vertebral region of the back and its surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes. You may be asked to take an oral solution of the radio-contrast agent or be given the same in an injectable form for better images.
Why is MRI Dorsolumbar Spine done?
- To find the cause of the lower back pain that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the spinal bones (vertebrae)
- To diagnose any suspected tumors (abnormal growth), arthritis, osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) or infections of the spine
- To detect suspected disc problems like spondylolisthesis (dislocation or slipping of one vertebra over the other), degeneration of the disc or herniated disc
- To look for any abnormalities in the curvature of the spine like lordosis (excessive inward curve of spine), kyphosis (excessive outward curve of spine also known as hunch back), scoliosis (side to side abnormal curvature) or birth defects
National Imaging & Path Labs is situated in one of the largest neighbourhoods in Delhi, National Imaging & Path Labs in Dwarka More is a part of the integrated network of pathology labs. This venture embarked on its journey with a longstanding commitment and a vision to make a wide range of specialized testing services available to the common man. In the sector, this centre has been consistent towards its commitment to excellence and innovation in whatever they do. The centre is well equipped...
Ranjit Singh Kumar
I am happy with 1mg, but not with National Imaging where I went for xray