USG - Neck
What is USG - Neck?
Ultrasound of neck is an imaging procedure that helps in visualizing the blood vessels and glands of neck. It is used to detect any inflammation, cancerous growth, cyst or nodule in the neck region. It is also recommended by doctors to check any abnormalities in the thyroid gland, lymph nodes or carotid arteries. It is also advised as a guide for FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology).
Why is USG - Neck done?
- To determine the anatomy of the blood vessels and glands of the neck
- To detect the presence of lumps, nodules, cysts, or other abnormal masses in the neck or thyroid gland
- To diagnose any suspected infection or inflammation in the neck and head region
- To detect the presence of any cancerous mass in the neck
- To guide treatment procedures or further tests like fine needle aspiration or biopsy