What is CT PET WHOLE BODY PLAIN?
The Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography (CT PET) scan of the whole body is an imaging procedure that uses rotating beams of X-rays to create a complete and detailed three dimensional image of the entire body to detect any abnormalities in the tissues and organ functioning.
Why is CT PET WHOLE BODY PLAIN done?
- For assessment of blood flow patterns of the whole body, especially to vital organs like heart, brain, kidneys, etc.
- To evaluate conditions of the circulatory or nervous system and other organ systems
- To assess damage to any organs or bones due to trauma
- To identify any cancers (abnormal growth)
- For assessment of the treatment efficacy and any remission after treatment
- To plan and guide treatment procedures for a variety of conditions
Preparation for CT PET WHOLE BODY PLAIN
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the scan.
Mahajan Imaging Centre (RN)
Rajinder Nagar, NEW DELHI