What is MRI Right Arm?
The MRI right arm is an imaging procedure that uses magnetic fields and non ionizing radio waves to create detailed images of your arm which comprises of area from the finger to shoulder or neck. The parts covered in this test includes the shoulder joint, bone of the upper arm (humerus), elbow, bones of the forearm (radius and ulna), the wrist and the soft tissues (skin and muscles) surrounding it.
Preparation for MRI Right Arm
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Why Get Tested for MRI Right Arm?
- To diagnose upper limb spasticity (due to nervous breakdown affecting movement of upper arm movement)
- To detect rotator cuff disorder (swelling of the tissues which connects your bones in the shoulder)
- To find out capsulitis (frozen shoulder) and carpal tunnel syndrome (loss of sensation in the arm and hand due to pinched wrist nerve)
- To evaluate tenosynovitis (swelling of area where bone connects with the muscles) of the upper limb) and arthritis of hand joints
- To trace presence of any abnormal tissue growth / cyst / tumor / cancer in the arm, forearm, shoulder and hand
Sushant Lok 1, HARYANA
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital. Mahajan Imaging’s latest centre in Gurugram has been set up with a vision of blending the best technology in the world, under guidance of some of Indias best doctors, with a calm and relaxing environment that takes you far away from the stress and anxiety of illness. Over the last 25 years, we have learnt that feeling well is the first step one can take towards a true healthier lifestyle.