What is MRI Prostate With Contrast?
An MRI of the prostate gland helps to create pictures of the male’s prostate gland and its surrounding soft tissues. This is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed multiple images. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film. You may be asked to take an oral solution of the radio-contrast agent or be given the same in an injectable form for better images.
Preparation for MRI Prostate With Contrast
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
Why Get Tested for MRI Prostate With Contrast?
- To diagnose any suspected prostate cancer or abnormal growth in or around the soft tissues of prostate
- To diagnose out any infection of prostate gland
- To look for any enlargement of the prostate like BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia)
- To look for any congenital abnormalities (genetic disorders) or any problems which arises post pelvic surgery
Sushant Lok 1, HARYANA
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital. Mahajan Imaging’s latest centre in Gurugram has been set up with a vision of blending the best technology in the world, under guidance of some of Indias best doctors, with a calm and relaxing environment that takes you far away from the stress and anxiety of illness. Over the last 25 years, we have learnt that feeling well is the first step one can take towards a true healthier lifestyle.