Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan of the kidney, ureter, bladder (KUB) is used to evaluate the structure and function of the kidneys, ureter and bladder. This is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed multiple images. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film. You may be asked to take an oral solution of the radio-contrast agent or be given the same in an injectable form for better images.
Why Get Tested
- To detect the presence of any stones or identify any suspected blockage in your kidney, ureter and bladder
- To evaluate any suspected cysts or tumor (abnormal growth) in your kidney, ureter and bladder
- To identify the cause of hematuria (blood in urine)
- To detect the presence of excessive fluid accumulation in the area of kidney, bladder and ureter
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Sushant Lok 1, HARYANA
Mahajan Imaging has a history of bringing new technologies into the private sector in the country for example standing weight bearing MRI, Cone Beam Dental CT, functional MRI, MR tractography, MR mammography, CT coronary angiography, 4D ultrasound with tomography, PET-CT, CT-guided robotic biopsy, digital mammography and DEXA bone densitometry. Continuing the said trend, they have recently installed Asia’s 1st Silent MRI technology and India’s first Dual Energy Spectral CT Scanner with the most advances cardiac imaging capabilities in the world. There are currently seven centres in New Delhi, with the standalone centres in Hauz Khas and Defence Colony. The other centres located in prestigious hospitals including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, PSRI Hospital, Fortis Hospital, BLK Super Speciality Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital. Mahajan Imaging’s latest centre in Gurugram has been set up with a vision of blending the best technology in the world, under guidance of some of Indias best doctors, with a calm and relaxing environment that takes you far away from the stress and anxiety of illness. Over the last 25 years, we have learnt that feeling well is the first step one can take towards a true healthier lifestyle.