An MR Sialography scan creates picture of the salivary ducts (a pair of salivary glands, parotids, sblingual and submandibular glands) and surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Why Get Tested
- To diagnose sialothiasis (formation of calcium stones which obstructs saliva secretion)
- To detect sialadenitis (infection of the salivary gland)
- To find out autoimmune disease known as sjogren’s syndrome (WBC attacks normal salivary gland)
- To determine the changes in the size of salivary glands due to formation of the tumor/cyst/.
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Hamdard Imaging Centre
Hamdard Nagar, NEW DELHI
Hamdard Imaging centre has been established with a vision to provide latest and advanced technology for everyone at an affordable cost without compromising on quality and care .We strive to upgrade our equipments , technology and integrate latest advances in imaging.Established in 2013 under an agreement between Jamia Hamdard and Clearmedi Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. to provide radiological services to the well established HAH Centenary Hospital, Hamdard Institute Medical Science and Research (HIMSR).