The CT Angiography left upper limb is an imaging procedure in which the rotating beams of X-rays are used after injection of a contrast material to create a detailed image of the arteries that carry blood to the hand. In this test a small catheter is threaded into the hand and radiocontrast material is injected into the hand vein and the final X-ray image is viewed on a video screen.
Why Get Tested
- To diagnose narrowed blood vessel or blocked arteries of the wrist, arm, upper arm, shoulder and injured blood vessels of the hand
- To detect any peripheral artery disease (PAD) which results in narrowed or blockage in the peripheral arteries of your leg (claudication)
- To find out takayasu’s disease (aorta inflammation which carries blood from the heart to the remaining body) and buerger’s disease (rare problem of swollen arm or leg arteries / vein which leads to clot)
- To evaluate atherosclerosis (depositions of fats or cholesterol in the artery walls) and vasculitis (swollen artery which results in decreased blood flow)
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Hamdard Imaging Centre
Hamdard Nagar, NEW DELHI
Hamdard Imaging centre has been established with a vision to provide latest and advanced technology for everyone at an affordable cost without compromising on quality and care .We strive to upgrade our equipments , technology and integrate latest advances in imaging.Established in 2013 under an agreement between Jamia Hamdard and Clearmedi Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. to provide radiological services to the well established HAH Centenary Hospital, Hamdard Institute Medical Science and Research (HIMSR).