Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the neck is a diagnostic procedure in which a contrast material is injected and the rotating beams of X-rays are used to create a detailed three dimensional image of the neck to identify problems associated with the vertebrae and the other soft tissues in the neck region.
Why Get Tested
- To detect any fractures, inflammations, or infections in bones which may not have been visible on a simple X-ray
- To detect and diagnose any herniated disk in the neck area (cervical spine), which is the commonest cause of severe neck or upper back pain
- To detect tumors of the spinal cord
- To detect malformations during spinal development in children
- To measure bone density to diagnose and estimate severity of conditions like osteoporosis, arthritis, etc.
- To detect and diagnose any injuries to the softer tissues in the neck
- For direct intervention procedures like fine needle biopsy in the neck area
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Hamdard Imaging Centre
Hamdard Imaging centre has been established with a vision to provide latest and advanced technology for everyone at an affordable cost without compromising on quality and care .We strive to upgradeRead More