Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the Mastoid bones is a diagnostic procedure where rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the inner ear. These cross sectional images can then be used to create a complete three dimensional image of the mastoid bone of the inner ear. This image can be used to visibly identify infection of the mastoid bone or other parts of the inner ear.
Why Get Tested
- To diagnose the infection of the air spaces of mastoid (mastoiditis)
- To diagnose any suspected conditions like otitis media (infection of the ear) and cholesteatoma (abnormal skin growth in the middle ear behind the eardrum)
- To look for any suspected injury or fracture of the mastoid bones
- For the diagnosis of any suspected abnormal growth (tumor) in the mastoid bone region
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Hamdard Imaging Centre
Hamdard Imaging centre has been established with a vision to provide latest and advanced technology for everyone at an affordable cost without compromising on quality and care .We strive to upgradeRead More