NABL, NABH, ISO
The Barium Meal Swallow test is an imaging test that uses X-rays to scan and photograph the throat/food pipe after consuming a barium solution. It helps in diagnosis of the conditions affecting these regions and is used to visually assess its abnormalities.
Why Get Tested
- To look for abnormalities of the pharynx (throat) and oesophagus (food pipe), and help diagnose various conditions like blockages, strictures, diverticuli, polyps, cysts, tumors (abnormal growth) and ulcers
- To diagnose hiatus hernia (a condition in which the stomach has moved up alongside the esophagus)
- To diagnose the cause of persisting gastro-esophageal reflux
- To diagnose the cancer of the neck, pharynx, or esophagus
- To evaluate the cause of enlarged veins in the esophagus (varices), muscle disorders, such as difficulty in swallowing (dysphagia) or spasms
- To identify achalasia (a condition in which it is difficult for food to pass into the stomach)
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic Private Limited
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic is the most reputed and leading chain of diagnostic centres in Delhi NCR. It was started in 1993 with the aim to serve society by installing ‘State of the art’ technology &Read More