3D CT Scan
What is 3D CT Scan?
3D Computerized Tomography (CT) Scan is a diagnostic procedure where rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of internal organs of the whole body or a specific area as required. These images can then be used to create a three dimensional image of the various body parts.
Why is 3D CT Scan done?
- • To obtain accurate images of bones as well as most soft tissues • For identificatiion of location and nature of any damage to tissues or bones due to injury or other health conditions • To determine presence and location of tumors or other abnormal tissues and inflammations • To measure bone density and diagnose conditions of the bones • For assessment of the physical structure and condition of brain and to determine problems like bleeding, swelling, etc.
Preparation for 3D CT Scan
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
- Inform your doctor and technician if you have any stents, implants or pacemakers in your body.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the scan.
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic Private Limited
Tilak Nagar, NEW DELHI