Overview of Glucose - Fasting Urine
What is Glucose - Fasting Urine?
A urine glucose test measures the amount of glucose in your urine. This test is used to diagnose diabetes as a part of routine urine examination. It can also be used to monitor your blood sugar level if you are a known diabetic.
The sample type collected for Glucose - Fasting Urine is: Urine
Preparation for Glucose - Fasting Urine
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
- Collect the Urine Sample in a sterile container available from the lab or any pharmacy. Allow a small stream of urine to flow by and then carefully hold the cup under urine. Make sure the cup doesn’t come in contact with your skin.
Why Get Tested for Glucose - Fasting Urine?
- To monitor glucose or sugar levels if you are a diabetic
- To assess your kidney function if you have diabetes
- To diagnose diabetes, or gestational diabetes in pregnant women, as initial screening
What Results of Glucose - Fasting Urine mean?
- High levels of glucose in the blood usually indicate diabetes. High levels can also be seen in pregnant women if they are suffering from gestational diabetes.
- However, high levels can also be seen with certain medicines like estrogen.
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic is the most reputed and leading chain of diagnostic centres in Delhi NCR. It was started in 1993 with the aim to serve society by installing ‘State of the art’ technology & equipment in all streams i.e. Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology & Neurophysiology all under one roof.