What is HRCT CHEST - Plain?
The High Resolution Computed Tomography (HRCT) scan of the chest is an imaging procedure that uses narrow beams of X-rays to create a high resolution image of the lung anatomy. The HRCT test creates a detailed image of the lung anatomy and the airflow through it which can be used to visually assess the lung anatomy and airflow patterns to detect and diagnose the underlying health conditions.
Preparation for HRCT CHEST - Plain
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- You may have to remove your jewelry and any metal objects which might interfere with the image.
Why Get Tested for HRCT CHEST - Plain?
- To assess the function of the lungs and the risk of development of diffuse lung disease
- To detect presence of any abnormal growth in the lungs
- To detect obstructions to airflow through the lungs
- To identify the location to perform lung biopsy if needed
ARM - Dr. Gulati Imaging (W.Pratiksha Hospital)
Sushant Lok II - Sector 56, GURGAON
Dr. Gulati imaging institute\r\nA unit of S M Imaging Institute Pvt.Ltd. has been conceptualised to provide diagnostic services par excellence with an endeavour to reach beyond international standards. The institute was established and became operational in may 2010 and over a short span of five years it has established itself as one of the best diagnostic setups in the northern India. Over the last five years various members of the faculty and the institute itself have received a number of honours and awards from distinguished medical bodies and organisations.