Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Bilirubin (Total, Direct and Indirect)
It is usually ordered when you have signs or symptoms of liver damage, liver disease like jaundice, dark urine, nausea, vomiting; when you have evidence of bile duct blockage or hemolytic anemia. Sometimes, it is also ordered in newborns with jaundice.
Why Get Tested
- If you have signs or symptoms of liver disease like dark colored urine, jaundice, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fatigue
- As a part of liver function test or routine health check up
- If you have a history of taking excess amounts of alcohol
- If you have been exposed to hepatitis causing virus
- If you have symptoms or signs of hemolytic anemia like pale skin, jaundice, splenomegaly
- In newborns, to monitor neonatal jaundice
- No special preparation required
What Results of Bilirubin (Total, Direct and Indirect) mean?
- Increased total bilirubin which is mainly unconjugated may be due to hemolytic anemia, transfusion reactions
- Increased total bilirubin which is mainly conjugated may be due to viral hepatitis, drug reactions, alcoholic liver disease, gall stones or any obstruction in the bile ducts
- Low levels of bilirubin are usually not a cause for concern and therefore not monitored
Tests Included in Bilirubin (Total, Direct and Indirect)(3 tests)
- Bilirubin Direct
- Bilirubin Indirect
1MG labs (powered by APAC) offers highest quality diagnostic services at the convinience of your doorstep. We pride ourselves on three things 1) Assured Quality 2) Best Prices 3) Excellent Turn Around Time. We believe in providing the highest level of transparency to our customers. Our partner labs have accreditations like NABL and ISO, the gold standards of quality in diagnostics. Our entire team is dedicated to providing the best customer experience and continues strives to come up with solutions to remain in line with the needs of our customers.
Perfect platform to book for Health Test & medicines