Overview of Digoxin
What is Digoxin?
Digoxin is a medication used for congestive heart failure. Very small doses of digoxin are required for the condition. If the levels go out of the normal range, also known as the therapeutic window, you may experience severe side effects of the medication.
The sample type collected for Digoxin is: Blood
Preparation for Digoxin
- No special preparation required
Why Get Tested for Digoxin?
- To ensure that the levels are within the therapeutic window when the medication is first started
- Periodically during treatment for routine monitoring and to verify that the correct dose is used
- To reevaluate levels if the patient is experiencing heart failure symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling in hands and feet
- Blurred vision
- Irregolar heartbeat
- Diarrhea and vomiting
What Results of Digoxin mean?
Levels are different for various conditions that digoxin is used to treat.
- High levels mean excessive dosage outside the therapeutic window
- Low levels mean inadequate dosage which might cause worsening of the disorder it is being used to treat
Strand Life Sciences Pvt Ltd is the state-of-the-art one point solution for oncology diagnostics, biomarker and translational research, laboratory services and clinical research services. Based out of Bangalore, Strand Life Sciences Pvt Ltd is an integration of Laboratory services, Research and Development and Clinical Research with a focus to on innovation, quality and accuracy for better diagnosis and prognosis of Cancer.