What is MR Urography?
An MR urography creates picture of the upper urinary tracts (kidneys and ureter), urinary bladder and its surrounding soft tissues. This is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed multiple images. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film.
Why is MR Urography done?
- To diagnose any suspected urinary tract obstruction or congenital abnormalities (absent kidney, renal duplication)
- To diagnose the presence of any suspected urinary tract tumor (abnormal growth of tissue)
- To diagnose hydronephrosis (swelling of the kidney which results in urine backflow), stone in the kidney / ureter / urinary bladder or gall stones (in the gall bladder)
- To detect the cause of blood in the urine (hematuria) and presence of any kidney/bladder stones
Preparation for MR Urography
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Hauz Khas, NEW DELHI
Established as a Centre of Excellence in radiology, Sanya Diagnostics is equipped with leading-edge technology and has been offering a wide range of radiological services since 1998. Sanya group has multiple operational diagnostic centres across the country to provide diagnostic services of highest level. Our considerable experience and expertise of more than 15 years in the field of Diagnostics Services has helped to address the growing health ailments by providing accurate & timely diagnosis with the help of specialized technologies and innovative services.