Preparation for MRI CisternogrAPhy
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MRI CisternogrAPhy?
- To find out the spinal or CSF leakage into the nose or ear due to trauma or major brain surgery
- To detect CSF rhinorrhea (abnormal contact between nasal cavity and arachinoid space of sinus)
- To check extent of the brain damage due to traumatic brain injury (TBI) and assess the brain base