An MRI cervical spine with contrast is used to visualise the first seven vertebral bones (C1 - C7) of the spinal column (back bone) which are located in the neck region. It is also helpful in visualising their intervertebral discs and the surrounding soft tissues like skin and muscles. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes. You may be asked to take an oral solution of the radio-contrast agent or be given the same in an injectable form for better images of the internal body structures in the MRI scan.
Why Get Tested
- To find the cause of the neck pain or upper back pain that lasts for a long time
- To look for any injury or fracture of the spinal bones (vertebrae)
- To diagnose any suspected tumors (abnormal growth), arthritis, osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) or infections of the spine
- To detect any suspected disc problems like spondylolisthesis (dislocation or slipping of one vertebra over the other), degeneration of the disc or herniated disc
- To look for any abnormalities in the curvature of the spine like lordosis (excessive inward curve of spine), kyphosis (excessive outward curve of spine also known as hunch back), scoliosis (side to side abnormal curvature) or birth defects
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Real Imaging and Research Centre
Dilshad Garden, NEW DELHI
Real Imaging and Research Center LLP, we believe Your Health is Our Care. Our leading diagnostic and healthcare services are rooted in impeccable service standards, modern world-class technology and an ideology of offering utmost help to ensure convenience at hand. We create an ambience of ease, making sure that the process of health checks becomes pleasant, rather than seeming like a task. We not only provide healthcare solutions, we ensure quality of service through our efficient operations, speed of service and a comfort of receiving results in the most hassle-free way, delivering a wholesome customer experience of a hospitable and welcoming environment. Highly skilled teams at Real Imaging & Research Center LLP, ensure smooth functioning, with personal attention, inherent compassion, courteous interactions and professional management of processes. Our dedicated team of technicians, administrators, supervisors, doctors, counsellors and healthcare experts, make you feel at ease and at peace. Most importantly, we treat you like our guests, and our care facilities are targeted to deliver supreme quality of services for your well-being. Our state of the art technology delivers fast, accurate and trust-worthy results, offering the complete range of diagnostic modalities, supervised by trained and certified health-care professionals. Features like same-day reporting, accessible online results and optimum utilization of digital platforms and latest equipment, all contribute to the commitment of maximum accuracy delivered in the minimum amount of time. We are designed to exude comfort. Whether it is the accessible locations, the calming atmosphere, the aesthetic settings, spacious and relaxing waiting areas, or the well designed interiors of the centre, the overall experience at Real Imaging & Research Center LLP, enables an unmatched experience.