Hepatitis A Virus - IgG
You need to provide
This test is for
What is Anti-HAV IgG?
It is ordered when you have symptoms of acute hepatitis like loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, jaundice. An HAV test can also be ordered if you have been exposed to the hepatitis virus through contaminated water or food.
Why is Anti-HAV IgG done?
- If you have symptoms suggesting hepatitis like jaundice, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fever, joint pain
- If you have been previously exposed to hepatitis A virus
Interpreting Anti-HAV IgG results
- Positive HAV IgG with negative IgM usually indicate no active infection but previous exposure to hepatitis A virus or recent vaccination
- Negative HAV IgG usually signifies no current or previous HAV infection
- If the total antibody test or hepatitis A IgG result is positive and someone has never been vaccinated against HAV, then the person has had past exposure to the virus. About 30% of adults over age 40 have antibodies to hepatitis A
Dr Lalchandani Labs are committed to offering the best of the Diagnostic tests services in Delhi/NCR. Being in existence since 30 years, we have earned complete trust of doctors, hospitals and patients through our NABL accredited Quality – India’s Highest quality accreditation. With our vast experience in this field, we know how to handle all the nuances of performing blood tests accurately and hence rightly claimed the bragging rights of being one of the best Pathology labs in Delhi. We have...