An MRI cervical dorso spine creates images of the cervical and dorsal regions (neck and upper back region) of the vertebral column along with the surrounding soft tissues like muscles. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create a detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes. You may be asked to take an oral solution of the radio-contrast agent or be given the same in an injectable form for better images.
Why Get Tested
- To detect the cause of any unexplained back pain
- To detect fractures, inflammations, or infections of the vertebral bones not visible on a simple X-ray
- To detect and diagnose herniated disk, which is the commonest cause of back pain
- To detect malformations or genetic defects (birth defects) during spinal development in children
- To detect any infection, injury or inflammation of the soft tissues like muscle, and ligaments of the spine
- To diagnose any suspected osteoporosis, deformities or abnormal growth of the bones and arthritis (inflammation of the joints)
- To diagnose cervical degenerative disc disease, neck pain, stiff neck
- To find out upper neck bones wear and tear or compression of intervertebral discs
- To detect any dislocation of the craniovertebral junction (CVJ) or fracture of the upper cervical vertebral bones
- To determine presence of tumor/cyst/abnormal mass growth originating from cervical bones or its surrounding soft tissues.
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute
Hauz Khas, DELHI
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute is a unit of SM Imaging Institute Pvt. Ltd. has been conceptualized to provide diagnostic services par excellence with endeavour to reach beyond international standards. The facility has the latest state of the art technology backed up by a team of experts in the field.