A Brain MRI with CV junction creates a picture of the back of the head, the foramen magnum (hole in the base of the skull), first two cervical vertebrae, and surrounding soft tissues. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device which is further printed on a film. The MRI scan is radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed and clear 3D multiple images. The whole MRI scan procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
Why Get Tested
- To diagnose cranial nerve and vertebral arteries problems (blockage/compression)
- To detect cause of congenital abnormalities from childhood like under development of the brain
- To find out stenosis (abnormal narrowing of a body channel due to blockage), chordoma (skull base, spine cancer), tuberculosis, rickets and osteoporosis.
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute
Hauz Khas, DELHI
Dr. Gulati Imaging Institute is a unit of SM Imaging Institute Pvt. Ltd. has been conceptualized to provide diagnostic services par excellence with endeavour to reach beyond international standards. The facility has the latest state of the art technology backed up by a team of experts in the field.