Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Rubella Virus - IgM
The IgM Rubella test is ordered if you are pregnant and have signs or symptoms which may indicate rubella infection like fever, rashes, inflamed eyes, aching joints etc. It may be ordered when a new born is born with birth defects such as hearing loss, heart defects or cataracts.
Why Get Tested
- If you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- When a pregnant women has signs and symptoms suggestive of rubella infection like mild fever, rash on the face and body, stuffy nose, red eyes, aching joints, swollen lymph nodes
- It is ordered in a newborn when mother was diagnosed with rubella infection during pregnancy
- No special preparation required
What Results of Rubella Virus - IgM mean?
- Positive Rubella IgM antibody in an adult with or without IgG indicates recent infection with the virus
- Positive Rubella IgM in a new born usually signifies recent postnatal or congenital infection
- Negative Rubella IgG along with IgM means no current or prior infection with the virus
The PNDT registered Genetic Laboratory & Genetic Counselling center at DNA Xperts is the first of its kind center in East Delhi to offer Genetic Testing & Genetic Counselling services. Genetic counseling is the process of determining the risk you have of passing on an inheritable genetic disease to your baby and hence is advised before or during pregnancy for couples.