NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Glucose - Fasting Urine
A urine glucose test measures the amount of glucose in your urine. This test is used to diagnose diabetes as a part of routine urine examination. It can also be used to monitor your blood sugar level if you are a known diabetic.
Why Get Tested
- To monitor glucose or sugar levels if you are a diabetic
- To assess your kidney function if you have diabetes
- To diagnose diabetes, or gestational diabetes in pregnant women, as initial screening
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
- Collect the Urine Sample in a sterile container available from the lab or any pharmacy. Allow a small stream of urine to flow by and then carefully hold the cup under urine. Make sure the cup doesn’t come in contact with your skin.
What Results of Glucose - Fasting Urine mean?
- High levels of glucose in the blood usually indicate diabetes. High levels can also be seen in pregnant women if they are suffering from gestational diabetes.
- However, high levels can also be seen with certain medicines like estrogen.
Diagno Labs, established in the year 2012, is uniquely positioned to more effectively support local pathology for enhanced patient care. Diagno Labs, with complementary areas of expertise and service offerings, allows us to build on the company's leadership positions, provide access to medical and scientific expertise, expand geographical presence to better serve customers and emerge as the most valued company in the healthcare industry. Our Parent group RJ Corp is a well-diversified Indian MNC,with an annual turnover of over 15 billion rupees. Established in the 1990s, RJ Corp has achieved heights of success under the dynamic leadership and guidance of its founder-chairman Mr. Ravi Kant Jaipuria. The group has diversified business interests in beverages, breweries, real estate, hospitality, healthcare, education, dairy, food service and retail. Our network company, Cryobanks International India, is a leader in the collection, processing and banking of umbilical cord blood stem cells.