Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Glucose - Fasting Blood
This test is used to determine if your blood glucose is normal, to screen and diagnose diabetes and as a part of routine preventive health check up. You should also get this test done if you are pregnant or you are older than 45 years of age and have risk factors for diabetes (like smoking, family history, hyperlipidemia, high blood pressure).
Why Get Tested
- If you have symptoms of high blood sugar like increased appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, blurring of vision
- If you have risk factors for diabetes like high blood pressure, cardiovascolar disease, high cholesterol, obesity or family history of diabetes
- If you are pregnant
- If you are already a diabetic
- As a part of routine preventive health check up
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 8-12 hours before the test.
What Results of Glucose - Fasting Blood mean?
- If your fasting blood glucose is between 70-99mg/dl, you are normal at present
- If your fasting blood glucose is between 100-125mg/dl, you are prediabetic (Impaired fasting glucose)
- If your fasting blood glucose is more than 126mg/dl, you have diabetes
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic is the most reputed and leading chain of diagnostic centres in Delhi NCR. It was started in 1993 with the aim to serve society by installing ‘State of the art’ technology & equipment in all streams i.e. Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology & Neurophysiology all under one roof.