This blood test quantifies the amount of chromogranin (CgA) in the patient’s blood. The CgA is released from the neuroendocrine cells, which are found in glands. These cells can sometimes lead to a number of tumours which can be benign as well as malignant.
Why Get Tested
- Chromogranin A is the first line test for diagnosing Carcinoid tumors
- For diagnosis of neuroendocrine tumors
- To assess disease progression
- To evaluate response to therapy
- To detect recurrence after surgical resection
- No special preparation required
City X-Ray and Scan Clinic is the most reputed and leading chain of diagnostic centres in Delhi NCR. It was started in 1993 with the aim to serve society by installing ‘State of the art’ technology & equipment in all streams i.e. Radiology, Pathology, Cardiology & Neurophysiology all under one roof.