What is MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen?
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the abdomen is used to visualise the organs of the abdomen which includes the stomach, intestine, gall bladder, base of the lungs, liver and spleen. This is a radiationless test which uses strong magnetic and radio waves to create detailed multiple images. The images captured during the MRI scan can be stored on an electronic device and printed on a film.
Preparation for MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen
- At the time of the MRI you might be asked to remove any metallic coins, jewelry, metal wrist watches, metallic keys, dentures or hearing aids as the MRI uses strong magnetic fields
- Tell your radiologist if you have metallic implants like pacemaker, cochlear implants, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulator, surgical staples/clips or drug implants
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor about their pregnancy before going for MRI
Why Get Tested for MRI Screening of Upper Abdomen?
- To look for the presence of any suspected mass or enlargement of the stomach, kidney, liver, pancreas or spleen
- To further evaluate any abnormal finding in the liver function tests or kidney function tests
- To diagnose the cause of any abdominal pain or swelling
- To diagnose the presence of abdominal aortic aneurysm (enlargement of the aorta in the abdominal area) or to look for any signs of calcification in the aorta
- To evaluate the diseases of the kidney for eg: any infection or swelling (hydronephrosis), kidney stones or tumors
- To evaluate the diseases of the liver, for eg: infections, fatty liver, cirrhosis
- To look for suspected bile duct obstruction, diseases of the gall stone or presence of gall stones
- To detect the presence of any suspected tumors (abnormal growth) in liver, kidney, spleen or other abdominal organs
- To look for enlarged lymph nodes in the abdomen
Nehru Nagar, GHAZIABAD
Vrinda Diagnostics is centrally located at Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad. It was established by Dr. Sanjay Sharma, Radiologist & Dr. (Mrs.) Renu Sharma, Pathologist, in year 2000 with only one ultrasound machine & a basic setup in pathology. Despite this very humble beginning, Vrinda Diagnostics pioneered the diagnostic services in & around NCR. In the year 2001, the centre installed first spiral CT machine in the NCR and in year 2002 took a step forward by installing first MRI machine and new concept of 4-D ultrasound in NCR. The aim of providing highly specialized diagnostic services, using state-of-the-art medical technology, became the symbol of Vrinda Diagnostics. During its journey towards modernization & providing better services to society, it introduced the digital radiography in NCR for the first time. Alongwith radiology advancement, it never lagged behind in modernization of pathology services and acquired state-of-the-art newer equipments which can provide accurate results in lesser time. As the response of patients & clinicians was overwhelming towards the services of Vrinda Diagnostics; to cater a large area, in year 2006, Vrinda Diagnostics opened one more Diagnostic Centre, Vrinda Labs & Research Centre Pvt Ltd at 5/5, Gaur Galaxy, Vaishali, Ghaziabad with modern diagnostic equipments and highly qualified doctors. On demand of clinicians, Vrinda Labs & Research Centre Pvt Ltd, Vaishali, Ghaziabad has started several sample collection centres in Indiarapuram, Kavi Nagar, Vasundhara etc.Patients are sent to Vrinda Diagnostics by practitioners or specialists who want an early & accurate examination result. After the examination, they return to their doctors for further treatment.