What is CECT Mastoid?
Contrast Enhanced Computerized Tomography (CECT) Scan of the Mastoid bones is a diagnostic procedure where rotating beams of X-rays are used to create cross sectional images of the inner ear. These cross sectional images can then be used to create a complete three dimensional image of the mastoid bone of the inner ear. This image can be used to visibly identify infection of the mastoid bone or other parts of the inner ear.
Preparation for CECT Mastoid
- Pregnant women should inform their doctor (and x-ray technician) as the radiations may affect the fetus. If needed, precautions can be taken to lower the radiation exposure to the fetus.
- Depending on the area to be imaged, you may be asked to wear a hospital gown at the time of the X-ray.
Why Get Tested for CECT Mastoid?
- To diagnose the infection of the air spaces of mastoid (mastoiditis)
- To diagnose any suspected conditions like otitis media (infection of the ear) and cholesteatoma (abnormal skin growth in the middle ear behind the eardrum)
- To look for any suspected injury or fracture of the mastoid bones
- For the diagnosis of any suspected abnormal growth (tumor) in the mastoid bone region
Nehru Nagar, GHAZIABAD
Vrinda Diagnostics is centrally located at Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad. It was established by Dr. Sanjay Sharma, Radiologist & Dr. (Mrs.) Renu Sharma, Pathologist, in year 2000 with only one ultrasound machine & a basic setup in pathology. Despite this very humble beginning, Vrinda Diagnostics pioneered the diagnostic services in & around NCR. In the year 2001, the centre installed first spiral CT machine in the NCR and in year 2002 took a step forward by installing first MRI machine and new concept of 4-D ultrasound in NCR. The aim of providing highly specialized diagnostic services, using state-of-the-art medical technology, became the symbol of Vrinda Diagnostics. During its journey towards modernization & providing better services to society, it introduced the digital radiography in NCR for the first time. Alongwith radiology advancement, it never lagged behind in modernization of pathology services and acquired state-of-the-art newer equipments which can provide accurate results in lesser time. As the response of patients & clinicians was overwhelming towards the services of Vrinda Diagnostics; to cater a large area, in year 2006, Vrinda Diagnostics opened one more Diagnostic Centre, Vrinda Labs & Research Centre Pvt Ltd at 5/5, Gaur Galaxy, Vaishali, Ghaziabad with modern diagnostic equipments and highly qualified doctors. On demand of clinicians, Vrinda Labs & Research Centre Pvt Ltd, Vaishali, Ghaziabad has started several sample collection centres in Indiarapuram, Kavi Nagar, Vasundhara etc.Patients are sent to Vrinda Diagnostics by practitioners or specialists who want an early & accurate examination result. After the examination, they return to their doctors for further treatment.